Thursday, October 3, 2013

One Room Challenge Linking Party!


Have you heard about the One Room Challenge, affectionately known as the ORC to all the cool kids?  Linda, from Calling It Home fame, has organized a semi-annual, six-week get-your-shit-done party with twenty awesome design bloggers.  Each blogger selects a room in her home that she plans to make over in a six week timeframe and report the progress to us.  Pretty awesome, yes?  But wait, there’s more!  This time Linda has created a link-y party for other people to participate at home.  Kind of like singing along with American Idol from the comfort of your sofa. 

Although I have been the world’s worst blogger and haven’t posted in ages, I decided that it is high time for me to get my tail in gear.  What room did I choose, you ask?  Well, they all could use a ton of help, to be honest.  My front room is filled with garbage bags of fabric, a wonderful way to welcome people to the house.  My laundry room sucks.  And the kids’ bedrooms are hot messes…just like the kids J.  But to heck with all of them, let’s work on my bedroom shall we?


Currently, it’s a big white box.  Don’t judge, m’kay?  Say hi to Mary!



 

See, I told you it is bad.  But, we have to start somewhere, right?  I’m not going to show you more pictures, because they would just be of white walls.  I’ll spare you that eyesore.


My inspiration image, the much-pinned and lusted-after space designed by Oly.

 

 
 
Here is my to-do list:

·         Curtains

·         Art

·         Dresser

·         Bedside Tables

·         Bedding

·         Pillows

·         Seating

Totally doable in six weeks, right?  Let’s hope so!  Join me next week to see what all I’ve accomplished.  And be sure to check out all the ORC participants!

6 comments:

  1. The bed itself is awesome...can't wait to see how it unfolds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be awesome! Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, you are doing this. I love that bed, and the dog. Good for you to make your space a priority over the hot mess kids ;). I miss your blogging, so this will be a great way to catch up. Thanks for jumping in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you are doing this!! I can't wait to see your room, I know it is going to be great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited to follow your ORC! I just mentioned you today on my blog, check it out! :)

    XOXO,
    The Glam Pad

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bed is great. My daughter is in love with your doggy, too. Love your inspiration, can't wait to see the finished room!

    ReplyDelete