Wednesday, October 30, 2013

One Room Challenge - Week Five


Good Morning Y’all!  Welcome to Week 5 of the One Room Challenge.  Unfamiliar with this cruel method of torture?  Linda, from Calling it Home goodness, selects 20 bloggers to participate in a 6-week One Room Challenge to completely re-do a room in their homes.  Each week they report progress for viewers to ooh and ahh over.  This year, Linda decided to offer a Linking party for those of us that want to play along.  I am deranged enough to join the fun and am re-doing my master bedroom.  Click to see Week One, Week,Two, Week Three and Week Four. 

During week four I shared with you my premium photoshop skills.  I know, I know.  You’re welcome.  I was thinking that I was kicking ass and taking names.  Then today rolls around and as I type Week Five I am thinking holyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshit.

This week a few things have happened.  Some art has been hung.

 

As have the curtains and bamboo shades.
 

 
 
Some pillows have been made.


 
 
 
Let’s look at my to-do list for the challenge:

·         Make Curtains

·         Buy/hang bamboo shades

·         Get dresser

·         Figure out lighting

·         Art

·         Make pillows

·         Paint headboard

·         Make bedskirt

·         Paint and upholster stools

·         Get round mirror

·         Clean room

·         Rug

·         Decorate

·         Keep kids & dogs out of my room long enough to photograph

·         TV cabinet

This is THE. LAST. WEEK.  And, let me just say, it isn’t really a full week.  Really, in order for me to photograph everything in good light and edit, I’ve got to finish this weekend.  Which gives me only a few more days.  holyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshit

Especially since I have gotten a wild hair and have decided to attempt a MONUMENTAL diy for the room.  Because I am a fruitcake  a masochist  AWESOME.  Here is a sneak peek.
 
 

 
Yep, that’s all you’re gonna get until next week.  Same time, same place.  Be sure to check out the ORC posse here.  And the linkers here.

xoxo K

25 comments:

  1. So so good! I can't wait to see the rest. I haven't got the faintest clue what your DIY is...so curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the full reveal. - Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, Let's pretend we are 22 and can pull all-nighter's until next week. Because that may be what it takes for me to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see some crazy pretty details! Don't worry you can sleep in November, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the little teases ... and the DIY ... can't wait! I have to finish this weekend as well to get good photos ... good luck! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can do it! I'm in the same boat. Not sure there are enough hours in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I mentioned on IG, but that curtain fabric is making me swoon! Can't wait to see the finale!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All those sneak peaks...definitely can't wait to see it next week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you tease!!!! can. not. wait. for this reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to see the monumental DIY! The teases look great so far!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Most people's best work is done during the holyshit period. for real. -Caitlin

    ReplyDelete
  12. The drapes look amazing! I can't wait to see everything all together!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahhh...can't wait to see this secret monumental DIY! I'm in full on panic mode over here trying to tear through the to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Lord....that curtain fabric is one of my favs. Swear. I know it is going to be crazy but a little photo editing and we won't know if something is not finished:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm dying to see your room, Kimber!! It is going to be so chic and fabulous, I can hardly stand it!!! May I ask where did you find the bamboo shades? I'm looking for some for our guest room. So excited for your final reveal!!!!

    XOXO,
    The Glam Pad

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can't wait to see this room ... one that I am eagerly awaiting...! love the fabric and all the other good stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know I am feeling the time crunch too with my room...but we can do this...I keep telling myself to keep me from pulling out my hair! But seriously, the room will turn out great I am sure. I can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm going to be down to the wire myself. Ugh! Can't wait for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The sneak peaks are killing me!!!! The curtain fabric is gorgeous and the pillow details too! Will be back to check out this space next week for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am completely clueless about his epic diy you're keeping under wraps. Loving all of your choices so far. I know it will be HOP fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Holy moly & I'm with you on the holyshit! You look like you are so far ahead of the game! I'm dying to see the pillows and the DIY surprise. Good luck getting it done this weekend! It's 7:30 here and I'm lying in bed with my latte (not sure what got into my hubby this morning!) thinking I better get up and get tackling some projects! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooh, I can't wait to see what that DIY is going to be! Love the curtain fabric, too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Loving all the little peeks into your projects. Can't wait to see the reveal! Loving the vine print on your curtains!

    xo Mary Jo
    http://MagicalMined.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete